Owning a laundromat can bring a lot of financial reward while helping out the local community. Including vending machines with snacks or detergent and fabric softener as well as an ATM and additional services like dry cleaning can bring in extra income and boost your profitability. If you already have these or they just aren’t for you, consider offering stain removing services.
Post a list of common stains that are difficult to remove. Include the remedies to get them out and offer those products in your store. Because stains may not be noticed immediately or cannot be treated right away, customers will be grateful for the added services and your revenue can rise.
Here is a list of some of the most common stains and the best ways to treat them and get them removed.
- Remove any excess chocolate and soak the item in cool water. Use a pre-wash treatment and then wash the garment in the hottest water that is safe for it. If the stain remains, rewash using safe bleach.
- Rinse fresh coffee stains in hot water. If the stain is older, soak in dish soap and treat with a stain remover.
- Use dish soap on the stain and then rinse. If the fabric is sturdy, scrub with a toothbrush to help break up the stain. If the stain still hasn’t been removed, consider using an alcohol-based solution such as rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer.
- Baby poop. These stains can be tough. Try using a laundry spray or gel as soon as possible and scrubbing with a toothbrush or scrub brush before washing. If all else fails, use bleach.
- Fruit juice. Soak item in cold water and leave until the stain is gone. If it isn’t dissipating, soak in warm water with a biological detergent and then give it a thorough wash.
- Soak item in cold water and gently rub the stain. Keep changing the water and rubbing the stain. If stain will not come out, dab with hydrogen peroxide. Once the stain is gone, rinse and wash as normal.
- Use warm water to soak and then add some biological detergent. Leave for a bit to soak, then wash as normal when the stain is removed.
Keep your machines up to date and in proper working order to ensure that they help remove even the toughest stains your customers deal with. Whether you need washer and dryer machines, parts, or washer and dryer service and maintenance, at Automated Laundry Services we’re ready to help you with your laundromat needs.